Migrate Your Account
We’ll help you migrate your PageLime account automatically to Surreal CMS. This page will tell you everything you need to know to make the transition.
What Will Be Migrated?
Your account, including users, websites, and pages will be moved securely from PageLime to Surreal CMS.
The migration does not affect how your websites are hosted. Neither PageLime nor Surreal CMS actually host your websites — just the app to manage them.
Will I Have Access To New Features?
Surreal CMS has a lot of great features to offer. Here are just some of them.
- Inline editing (type directly on the page, not in a form)
- “No training needed” user interface
- Edit websites via FTP, SFTP, and Amazon S3
- White-label options
- Google Analytics dashboard
- Developer API
- Guaranteed support in < 24 hours (even on weekends and holidays)
- An active and helpful community forum
Will Everything “Just Work?”
Most things will. Your users, websites, and pages will be migrated and most of your settings
will be retained. Surreal CMS has a very similar integration API, so you can continue to use
class="cms-editable" or your own custom editable classes.
However, there are some things that Surreal CMS does differently than PageLime:
- IP Address — If you need to tell your web server or firewall to allow access from a specific IP address, you’ll need to update it. Please make sure your server allows FTP and/or SFTP access from: 22.214.171.124
- Navigation Editor — If you use PageLime’s navigation editor, you will need to convert your nav to a standard editable region.
- Publish Passkey — If you use PageLime’s Publish Passkey, you’ll need to add your FTP credentials to Surreal in order to update your website.
- Repeatable Regions — If you use repeatable regions, they must be inside editable regions, not outside of them. More Info
- Reseller Accounts — Surreal CMS does not offer a reseller program. Users are encouraged to bill clients directly for a bundled service package, including things like web hosting, domain registration, CMS access, a design retainer, etc.
Aside from that, we expect your transition from PageLime to Surreal CMS to go smoothly!
How Much Will This Cost?
You’ll receive two weeks free when you migrate your account. We want to make sure Surreal CMS is a good fit for you and your business before asking you to pay.
After that, Surreal CMS uses a tiered pricing structure based on the number of sites in your account. For most users, this means your monthly cost will be less.
If you’re concerned about pricing, please contact Surreal CMS to see if your account qualifies for a discount. For example, non-profits get 50% off!
Ready? Let’s migrate your account!